The Function and Construction of a Heat Pump
Pacific Heating & Air Conditioning, a trusted San Diego HVAC contractor that serves Escondido homeowners, offers heat pump services, installations, and repairs. Heat pumps are unique because they transfer heat instead of generating it. If your Escondido home requires a heat pump repair, inspection, or installation, hire an HVAC contractor like Pacific Heating & Air Conditioning to assist you with these services.
What Are Heat Pump Systems Made Of?
- Ductwork – Distributes air throughout tunnel systems in homes
- Control Boards – Control the heat pumps' heating, cooling, and defrosting modes
- Indoor Air Handlers – Circulate cool or warm air throughout homes
- Refrigerant – Disperses within the outdoor and indoor units
- Accumulators – Switch the refrigerant according to seasonal concerns
- Outdoor Units – Resemble an AC unit
- Refrigeration Lines and Pipes – Connect the outdoor and indoor units
- Compressors – Direct refrigerant through the system
- Thermostatic Expansion Valves – Manage the flow of refrigerant
- Reversing Valves – Change the refrigerant's flow depending on whether the system is in cooling or heating mode
- Condenser and Evaporating Coils – Heat or cool air according to the refrigerant's flow
- Heat Strips – Serve as extra heating components when temperatures are extremely low